The project is called “The River” (see previous post), and it’s almost done. It’s a project that I and my classmates have been working on together for the past several weeks (along with other projects). My two other classmates have done all the laser cutting of the acrylics and also the wood blocks. I also pretty much finished the electronic wiring and the programming (might need some tweaks, as usual :p). It is now ready to be assembled. Here’s some pictures that I took with my lovely Android phone :
Way before we setup the sculpture, I also did a quick simulation on how the sculpture will behave. The program can be downloaded here (with dummy sound sample because the original sound file is 221 Mb in size!). You can toggle how the threshold will behave using the ‘A’, ‘H’ and ‘M’ key. ‘A’ means the average value will become the threshold, ‘H’ means the highest value will become the threshold, and ‘M’ means you adjust the threshold manually using the slider. If you want to see the current values of the bars, you can press ‘V’. You can also save a screenshot using the ‘S’ key.
Screenshot of the program: